duminică, 27 februarie 2011

Prayer



Our dear parents

Aren’t quiet anymore
Procust’s bed
Has tortured and sold them.

Decline, destiny
To the thoughtful tomb
So fretful
What is going on?

Oh, God, take care of me
As these times are not familiar to me,
And waves strike me
My hair is grey and I feel that I am aging

Oh, God look after the Country
As it is in deep sorrow, God, and
Fierce wolves of prey are lurking it
And are chasing it.

Oh, God, look after me
Me, that who has no sun
But in holiday
Me, who has let
A forgotten arm at the Don’s Elbow.

Me, that who in the Tatra Mountains
Foreigners buried my father
Me, who from the Moisei
Has been in the grave with my people.

Me, who at Eve
Was rising a prayer
For Santa Cold not to come
But our sacred Santa Claus

Me, who thought
That work is the lordliest shield.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu