marți, 22 februarie 2011

Mother’s Purse

Last night I saw

Upon the sky full of stars
Mother’s shabby purse
Each time she opened it
A light would glitter inside
And mother used to say
That she picked a star from the sky
And hide it inside the purse
Black and shabby
To be golden
By the star hidden inside it
To understand that it is my star
Which will guard me
In my hard times
That are to come,
And it will not be
Like a call
From the purse
I was attracted by
The glittering splendour
Mother’s lipstick.
I used to be so happy
When I used it on my lips
The mirror smiled and said
That I looked like my mother
As beautiful as her!
Today, the purse is filled with gold
Bracelets, rings, earrings, beads….
Where is the lipstick, the smile,
And mother’s warm hand?
Back then I had no gold or rings
I had fairy tales with stars
And mother’s love
Hidden inside them.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu