duminică, 27 februarie 2011

A bride’s necklace


I knocked at the gate
Of a leaf
Because in that slaughter, in the absence of God
It was the only beautiful
And healthy life.

And it was trembling
Like the leaves
In my home mountains
When girls passed through the forest
On their way of becoming a bride.
Leaf, take me with you
Make me feel
A little better
Take this whit of life out of me,

Take me home
Don’t leave me scattered in a square
Don’t leave me wasted
In a crazy, unfaithful world
Where there is no God

I’ve taken the forest way
Along the den of the wolf
And I’ve reached in a rocky, shining place
And there behind a high, white cliff
There was a lot of grass
And in the grass….. a necklace
It glittered beautifully in the thick grass
The necklace which I wore as a bride
And happy, I bent to raise it

God, thank you
As I’ve returned home
And I shall be a bride again

My soul has quieted
The wings of my heart have soothed
Now they are preparing to repose
In the forest of my childhood
Forest of Relief
With bride’s necklaces
In the thick grass
In the sacred mountains, near my village
From home

Birds sing, wolves roar!
I’m with my people
And I shall walk with them
Into the forest with thick grass
With white bridegroom’s  shirts
And bride’s necklaces
Sacred forest, near my village
From home.


Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu